Product name: Coffee Shop Millionaire
This site gives it a rank of: 3 out of 10
What does it cost?: $37 for basic product
Who is behind it?: Anthony Trister, Canada.
Website Link: www.coffeeshopmillionaire.com
In summary, this is being promoted as an online training platform which teaches internet marketing through videos training. Anthony says it will provide a sure-fire blueprint for creating an online business that will funnel money into your bank account on a constant basis.
It appears to sell “the dream” of absolute freedom – the freedom from money worries, and the freedom to work anywhere, including your favorite coffee shop. Hence the name Coffee Shop Millionaire, which indicates the potential to make a lot of money.
What it claims to be:
- Unique in it’s offering, as follows:
- Only online program that delivers a lifestyle business
- An opportunity to earn money “on the side”
- You don’t just get a bunch of theory
- Show you how you can make a 5 figure sum
- Guaranteed to make money
What it claims not to be:
- A push button, get rich quick scheme
- A system full of technical language, that is difficult ot understand
- Something that requires a lot of cash to be put in, before you see results
The last time the program was updated, according to Anthony was 2014, so it has been on the go for a number of years already and has many members all over the world.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This is a series of training and lessons based around affiliate marketing, where you are generating an income linked to selling other people’s products or services within a specialist niche.
Let’s take a look into the pros and cons of this opportunity.
WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT IT?
- It’s relatively cheap to access and sign up.
- A 60-day money back guarantee is advertised with the product
- Claims to offer a full blueprint for success, following the same systems that Anthony himself has used
- Offers a method, like any affiliate marketing, that could potentially be scaled up, if successful
WHAT’S NOT SO GOOD
- Whilst this is not being sold as a “get rich quick” scheme, the promotional messages contradict this. Claims of being able to earn $100,000s per month, with a little experience seems to be unrealistic.
- Whilst the system itself promises to “show” you everything your know to succeed, there’s nothing to be seen unless you actually pay to sign up. Therefore, you can’t try before you buy.
- The promotional video talks about creating an online business with “no money down”, but that is not the case, as you have to pay $37.00 to get access.
- Pushing a “limited time offer” on website visitors, which can encourage people to panic buy without being able to evaluate if the opportunity is actually right for them
- There are a lot of complaints from buyers online, and from these sources we can also determine that there are a number of additional expenses to be paid each month, and quite a few prompts to pay more for additional products.
WHO IS IT PITCHED AT?
Anyone who wants to “live the dream” and achieve the financial freedom to work anytime and from anywhere. Particular demographics that were mentioned in the promotional video included:
- those who are dissatisfied with their current working situation
- those who want to spend more time at home
Because there is training and learning involved, Coffee Shop Millionaire is aimed at anyone, however once you get into the modules things can be a bit vague and therefore it really is a pre-requisite to have a bit of previous internet marketing knowledge. In fact, during his promotion video Anthony does actually state that he was able to create success very easily and quickly due to his previous experience. As a result, this isn’t really suitable for someone who has no prior knowledge of online business.
WHAT TRAINING/TOOLS DOES IT OFFER
Does offer a series of training modules, which are supported by videos as well.
As part of the program, there are references to “cheat sheets” and marketing techniques that are guaranteed to get the money rolling in. However, with over 20 years experience in marketing, including online, I would confidently say these claims are unsubstantiated and quite misleading in terms of what can be achieved in a short window of time.
Let’s compare it with another online business opportunity:
WHAT SUPPORT DOES IT HAVE?
There is no online support available, although contact details have been provided if someone wants to get in touch. When looking into it a bit further, there are a number of unanswered questions from existing members, which doesn’t inspire a great deal of confidence in getting replies this way.
There is not an active, online community that can be used to network and help solve any problems, like some other programs offer.
PRICE TO JOIN
$37.00 is the going rate on the surface, but be prepared to be pushed to spend more for additional add-on products.
You could possibly get discount offers popping up as well, just like this one:
One of the glaring omissions with the pricing is the cost to set up and run a website. Frankly, you cannot have an online business without one, so there are costs to be considered for domain names, website creation if you aren’t able to do this yourself, and then the ongoing web hosting costs as well.
MY FINAL OPINION
I like the name of the program and thought it was quite catchy, but I think that’s half the problem! When you delve into exactly what’s on offer, there is very little substance to the opportunity. One of the big turnoffs for me was the extra-long (yawn!) sales video. It was well over 30 minutes long, and anything that takes that long to get a sales pitch across means they are trying to hard to convince their audience.
The sales pitch is also full of pressure selling, using terms such as:
- special “one-time” offer (which incidentally is still in place from 2014!)
- worth $1,000s but get it now for this special price
- grab your copy before the on-screen time runs out
- get extras worth over $5000 and not available as stand-alone products
This is very much a personal thing and may not bother others, but as a working parent the last thing I want to be shown is a crying child, with the words “this program will help you spend more time at home with your family”. I feel that’s bordering on emotional blackmail, but hey, like I said that might not bother anyone else.
Some of the claims are also a bit on the wild side, like having money “gushing” into your bank account. It’s my sincere belief that there is success to be had from online business, but like any business it does require time and effort – you don’t get something for nothing, right? So, in my opinion there are other better programs out there, that offer way more and therefore a better chance of success.
I’m not going to say this is a full scam, as you are given something for your money. However, I do firmly believe that this program is sold on the promise of delivering more than the general person is able to achieve. This is further indicated by the full page “Earnings Disclaimer” on the website, which clearly states the type of earnings promoted are not typical. This further endorses the need for previous online experience, in order to have any chance of making this work and deliver.
WHAT DO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND?
For anyone interested in setting up and running an online business in affiliate marketing or for selling online, I highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate. It’s 100% legitimate and free to join. Click here for more info.
Sometimes referred to as Wealthy Affiliate University, it has step-by-step training to help you learn and develop, in order to be successful online. It’s completely free to access, giving you the opportunity to try it and evaluate if it’s right for you as an individual.
If you have any comments or feedback of your own that you would like to share, please do so below. I always like to hear what others have experienced too 🙂If you like this, why not share it?